Saturday, August 13, 2011

Whoo, it's Friday, Friday...

Not that the actual day means anything to me. I still have 2 more nights to work until I'm off. It was a busy night in the ER. We hit the ground running at 6pm and didn't stop until close to 5am. I saw many interesting cases: a proptosed eye that I removed, a dog with severely low platelets and a serious bleeding problem, a cat with an inexplicable post-mass removal anemia, a blocked kitty, a vomiting dog, a couple of euthanasias, an old dog with acute onset of vestibular disease, and on and on. It was exhausting, I won't lie. The only reason I'm still up is because I have to check my post-breakfast blood glucose before I can lie down. I won't fib - gestational diabetes is downright inconvenient. I guess that's true with any disease, so I should stop complaining - as mine is relatively mild. Despite being busy last night, I was able to keep on my eating schedule well, so that was an improvement.

Not much else to report. I'll post about some interesting cases when I'm less sleepy.

No comments: