Thursday, April 28, 2011

Devastation back home

The tornadoes hit my home county pretty hard. Luckily, my parents and in-laws came through relatively unscathed. The flashing on my parents' house was peeled off, and the neighbors shed is now residing in the front yard (after being thrown there), but no one was injured! My in-laws fared even better. Unfortunately, there are 10+ dead in the county, which is unheard of. Greene County is in the foothills of the Appalachians. It's a hilly, rugged place, and tornadoes just aren't the norm!

Read the story here.

My friends in Chattanooga also all came through unscathed, thankfully.

The storm hit us about 5am this morning, but I think its fury was spent prior to arriving here.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Glad to hear that your families were unharmed. I can't even imagine the devastation -- I'm sure the pictures aren't doing it justice.