Monday, March 14, 2011

Lovely email

When I got home last night, I checked my Homeless Parrot email address and was touched to receive a lengthy email from a reader. I'm not going to post it all here, but just bits of it. Honestly, the email could not have come at a better time for me.

"Your blogs about euthanasia are partly what inspired this rambling email--I was reading them last night on a long flight home. That you tell each dog, they are good dogs and they are loved as they slip away comforts me more than you can know...

So this missive is a heartfelt thanks to you for all you do (and in a way, to my vet as well, though I've told him many, many times) and all you put up with and how hard you work. The kindness with which I was treated by my vet during my dog's illness inspires me daily to be a kinder, more compassionate, and patient care-giver to my own patients and their families. You inspire me in this way as well."

Thank you all for your kind comments and your emails. This too shall pass, and I realize that. On the bright side, my OB visit on Friday was lovely. We got to hear the baby's heartbeat again...which is terrifying and awesome at the same time. Pregnancy has been wonderful so far, other than bouts of extreme tiredness. I feel as good as I've felt in my life. I hope it continues in this vein!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you......and you are very welcome :)

DAB