Monday, March 28, 2011

Dear baby

You have no idea how excited I am about your coming. My biological clock has been ticking for the last 5 years pretty steadily, so when we found out that after 2 short months of trying, we were expecting, well, I was thrilled. You are very much wanted and anticipated.

BUT...it is decidedly not ok that you have decided to make sleeping till 3pm, doing laundry, and cooking dinner for 2 the MOST that I can do without needing a nap. Seriously. I have to be able to function more than this, as I have a job and some serious responsibilities. So, if you could just put out a little energy for me, or stop emitting napitrons - whichever is fine - I'd seriously appreciate it.

Sincerely, your mom...the one that is so tired that 2 hours of laundry and dinner was unbelievably fatiguing!

4 comments:

Holly said...

A good friend and I were talking about our first pregnancies the other day. She would get up in the morning>go to work>come home for lunch>nap for lunch> go back to work>come home>make dinner and go to bed.

Napitrons is now my newest official favorite word.

Fi from Four Paws and Whiskers said...

SO exciting... but yes, a tiring stage. I worked late with all four of my children. One woman with a little rounded tummy came in with her dog and said she couldn't lift it on the table as she was pregnant. I duly walked, or actually, waddled, round my consulting table, 8 months pregnant, picked up the dog and carried on.

I can't find your post on arthritis in cats... so if you deleted it that is a shame. I attended the Hill's Roadshow on osteoarthritis last year - liked the assessments to be done on the cat to gauge if it is helping. They used Metacam initially, but after a month, the foods do seem to help many cats.
http://www.hillspet.co.za/Cat/Adult/Health-and-Wellbeing/Feline-mobility.aspx

The Homeless Parrot said...

Fi...I'm being pretty wimpy about what I lift too. On the other hand, I've always been super, super protective of my back - it needs to last me the rest of my career!

As to the arthritis post, it'll be up in a few days. There was a problem with the formatting, and I was too tired and annoyed to fix it. It's not scheduled to be posted until 3/31 or 4/1 anyway! Fear not, it is forthcoming.

Life in vet school said...

Don't worry, the crippling fatigue subsides pretty quickly -- I was basically nonfunctional from 8-16 weeks because I was exhausted all the time (I would come home from school and literally consider taking a nap on the landing of our apartment stairwell because I was too tired to finish climbing the stairs. And we only live on the second floor! And I only walked half a mile home from school!) and then suddenly one day I was fine again. No problem with 14 hour work days in clinics, working out again regularly, feeling fine on a normal amount of sleep -- I'm sure I'll be exhausted again right near the end, so I'm enjoying it while it lasts!