Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Oh, and nursery/baby/dad stuff

If anyone is interested, this is the theme I'm using for the nursery. I'm going for more jewel-toned blues and greens, less pastel -but overall, the same effect.

http://www.chiccheapnursery.com/2011/real-rooms/childish-and-serene-nursery-featured-real-room/

Eva is growing amazingly fast. I am now 28.5 weeks and officially in my 3rd trimester. I can feel her roll, kick, punch, and flutter around in there most of the time now. It's a singularly odd feeling. We've started our Bradley method of natural childbirth class. It's going well, and every day that I do more reading and feel more comfortable being pregnant, I become more sure that natural is the way to go. I'm very excited about labor and delivery, instead of scared...which is something I never expected.

I am awesomely fat, having gained 34# already. It's not the target weight, but my husband has been working hard to ensure that I eat well, and the Bradley class focuses heavily on nutrition initially, so I am making much better food choices, I hope. It used to bother me a great deal and still sometimes does, but I'm letting my body take the lead here and do what it needs to do...after all, it knows better than I.

My father is home and recovering very well. He has been out of atrial fibrillation since discharge, so that's encouraging. It's been hard on my mom, and I think they are still struggling with the post-op aftermath and stress. I plan on going down there at the end of this month for a few days to provide some relief.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love it! And I fully support not going all out on pink cutesy stuff. Blue/green is much prettier.

Lizelda Navi said...

I love the color scheme! I designed my mom's scrapbooking room with a very similar scheme (more of a pastel teal & mossy green with the gray)- it turned out great. I'm sure the nursery will look fantastic!