Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sundries

I'm off work and at the moment, I don't feel like doing any veterinary related posts. Sorry I'm being such a slacker.

Expecting a child has had an unexpected side effect. We bought our house about a year and 7 1/2 months ago. It's a nice house, but it was built in 1994, and it has many small things we want to change. Light fixtures are a good example. The house has the typical brass gold light fixtures that are really ugly. We've slowly been replacing them, but we haven't quite finished yet. The bathrooms need to be updated. The kitchen had white appliances and white countertops. We've replaced all the appliances with stainless steel, but the countertops (Formica) still need to go.

Ever since I found out we're having a baby, I've been low grade stressed about getting these small projects done. It feels like this stuff has to be done before the baby comes. I don't know why I feel so rushed - perhaps because I feel like this stuff won't get finished once we have a baby to care for. The spare bathroom needs painting, as well as the spare bedroom.

Ok, I have lists to make.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, the low level of constant stress/anxiety. I feel ya. I always feel unsettled if there are home projects that need to get done lurking in the back of my mind. Just tackle small things each week and you'll feel more accomplished!