Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Bad blogger

Sorry I've been AWOL for a few days. I was doing really good at the blogging every day there for a bit. This weekend was long at work. 8am-7pm on Saturday, 8am-1am on Sunday. Sunday ran so late because a vomiting dog with a suspected foreign body showed up at the end of my shift. The relief veterinarian who was working overnight offered to cut the dog for me, but I opted to stay and do it. It was worth it, as I removed a chunk of rubber from the dog's intestines that had been present for 10+ days. He was much happier after surgery.

So far, pregnancy seems to be agreeing with me (knock on wood). I expected to be flattened after the 17 hour shift, but I was actually fine. Tired, yes - but no more than the usual 17 hour shift would have caused. No real morning sickness yet. Bouts of mild nausea here and there, but nothing I can't handle. Hopefully, I will inherit my mother's ability to have peaceful, easy pregnancies. She had 5 kids, and all of her pregnancies were easy. She also had precipitous labor with all 5...which I'm also hoping to have inherited. 3 hours, and you're finished! My official due date is Oct 5.

The pregnancy motivated me into hiring a painter to come and finish painting the house (spare bed/bath), and we bought new fixtures, mirrors, and lights for the bathroom. It's going to look great when it's finished. Unfortunately, my husband is going on day 6 of mystery illness. It's likely the flu, as he was febrile, achy, coughing, and lethargic for the first 3 days. He has recovered from most of that, but he is still exhausted and has to sleep all day. Hopefully, he'll rebound in the next few days. I have not contracted this illness yet, but when I found out I was pregnant, the OB gave me a flu shot...

Off to work I go.

No comments: