Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Due date

I am 6 weeks along. That puts my due date around the end of Sept/beginning of October. After seeing the ultrasound yesterday at the OB, it has really started to sink in. There are moments when everything seems totally surreal, but I think we're handling it well. It's constantly at the back of my mind, and the thought "I'm pregnant" never really goes out of my head. It has driven all veterinary related posts to the back of my brain, though. That, and I saw exactly ZERO patients last night. Talk about a slow winter!

3 comments:

Life in vet school said...

Congratulations! It's so exciting, isn't it?

When I'm sitting in on a loooooong boring consultation in a rotation I'm not especially fascinated by, I pass the time by watching him kick me -- at almost 22 weeks, I can see it through my shirt! I hate sitting around listening to people talk, but I can entertain myself like that for a long time. :)

Mary said...

I'm a little late, but congratulations on your pregnancy! I imagine it's very tough to focus on anything else! I hope you have an easy and healthy pregnancy.

Unknown said...

Woohooo! Feel free to drop that load on Sept. 29th! LOL

I remember my first "reality check". Sitting in the bathtub - looking down at my abdomen - becoming deathly afraid...

" How is THAT gonna grow in... THERE? "

Mother Nature has the most unthinkable ways for entertaining herself. That Wench!