Saturday, May 7, 2011

Spring is in full flower here in the South

Meaning that my allergies are, as well. Couple that with the pregnancy rhinitis, and it sounds like a TB ward in my house. There are scattered Kleenex everywhere, Neti pots, and Benadryl tablets abound. Attending a rugby game today (my SIL's), as well as playing in my vegetable garden, did not help. Itchy eyes, alternately stuffy and dripping nose, and a mild headache have been the norm for DAYS.

On the bright side, I did finally get my vegetables in the ground! A couple of weeks later this year than I wanted to, but at least it is done. I added another raised bed this year, so I have two. One has my tomato plants and red bell peppers, and the other has squash, cucumbers, okra, and string beans. The okra and beans are a new addition. I thought about eggplant, but I had limited room - and when it comes down to it, the husband loves eggplant, but I'm ambivalent. I'd much rather have beans. Since he likes beans too, I thought it a good compromise.

My mom came and spent the first 3 days of this week with me. I wasn't much fun, physically and mentally exhausted from work. Still, we contrived to at least hang out on the couch together, in between attempts to nap/sleep. Thursday, I saw Water for Elephants with a friend. If you've read the book, I would save your money. The movie didn't really add anything new or exciting. Reese Witherspoon is kinda annoying, as well. At least, to me. Christoper Waltz was probably the best thing about the movie, as he channels insanity terrifyingly well.

Otherwise, it's been a rather low-key week - something I desperately needed!

No comments: