Tuesday, February 2, 2010

What I've been doing (and my husband too)

I've had the last 4 days off , and it's been delightful - utterly lazy. My handy husband installed new track lighting above our sink. It replaced the ugly, ugly white lights that were up there.




I'm in the process of making my first round of homemade bread today. It is rising as we speak...so we shall see. I'm skeptical.




I wanted to volunteer at Big Brothers/Big Sisters. As it turns out, they are in desperate need of male volunteers (as my husband is), but they don't need females. So, I was shot down there.

Last night, we met a fellow veterinarian (the one I ran into at NAVC) and her SO for dinner at our favorite greasy spoon. It was a nice, low key evening. It was nice to get out to dinner with other people. Jim and I tend to be our own little group and we fail to branch out enough.

I've also been doing a fair amount of bird wrangling. I haven't clipped wings in a while, and everyone is fully flighted. My African grey demonstrates this in the picture below.






My mom is coming to spend the night with us Saturday night on her way to Florida to see family. I'm very much looking forward to it, although I have to work all day Sat/Sun.

Not much else to report here.

1 comment:

Hermit Thrush said...

The photo of the African Grey is amazing. I'm jealous of the free time. Enjoy!