Monday, July 6, 2009

With my time, with my time...

What have I been doing with my time? So, I was going to work on the 4th of July, and then again tomorrow. That was until it suddenly occurred to me that I retired my Tennessee state license. Yup, as of June 30, I am no longer licensed to practice veterinary medicine in the state of Tennessee. So my days of working relief at RIVER are over. I am officially free as a bird until I start the new job (whenever that might be).

We're in a holding pattern house-wise. We'll know about our latest offer tomorrow at 10am. If it doesn't go through, then we'll go to Plan B. Okay, forget Plan B. I think we're officially to Plan Q, at this point. Whoever said this is a "buyer's market" is severely deluded. Yes, dear readers, you sense frustration.

I can't start setting up change of address forms, calling the electric company, water company, and Comcast until I have some idea of WHERE we're moving. We're in a complete and total holding pattern, and it's starting to drive my husband and myself up a wall.

I did have a lovely 4th of July. I ended up at the lake with my husband and internmate. We swam, bathed in the sun, and engaged in generally sloth-like behavior. Afterwards, we had dinner, saw Up, and then enjoyed the fireworks show downtown. For a day with no plan other than work, it turned out great.

Also, on the bright side, my husband is finished teaching his month long summer class, so he is free as a bird for the next year. He can work on his PhD thesis and actually have something of a life. He's been so relaxed the last few days, and it's been amazing spending unfettered time together. I'm sure in 6 months, he'll wind up finding a job - but at the moment, he's all mine.

As a sidenote to prove my nerdiness, I spent several hours today perusing my new Kirk's Current Veterinary Therapy. For those of you who don't know - it's a big fat book (costing over $100) that covers current recommended therapies for just about everything. It was a gift from the head of our hospital as a thank you for our hardwork as interns. It's a great book, and I'm in love with it. How's that for nerdom??

No comments: