Sunday, July 5, 2009

Up

I just wanted to pop in and recommend Pixar's new movie "Up" to anyone that hasn't seen it. I'm not generally a Disney fan, but I've really enjoyed every Pixar movie I've ever seen. "Up" however was beyond anything I've seen. It was beautiful, poignant, hilarious, stunning to watch (the animators outdid themselves), with a sweet, heartwarming (and heartbreaking) message. I cried several times. Given that I weep when lettuce wilts, that's not saying much. My husband on the other hand, who has cried exactly 3 times in the 16 years I've known him, had to bite back sobs. It's a tender movie with a lovely, haunting score. I cannot recommend it enough. I've seen in twice in 3 days. The previews do not really do the film justice, and they certainly give no real hint to the underlying premise. Go see it go see it go see it go see it. I PROMISE that if you hate it, I will personally mail you the $6-15 your ticket cost you. Scout's honor!

1 comment:

ellipsisknits said...

I will second your recommendation for anyone still on the fence.

Also, I think it is the only movie I have ever cried at*. Unless you count the first movie I ever saw - at age five.

*hormones may or may not have been involved.