Friday, February 3, 2012

Well hello, Mr Norovirus

If you've seen the news in North Carolina, you've likely heard about the norovirus outbreak. Commonly called the "winter vomit bug" or "the cruise ship flu" - it's a nasty little virus that leads to a bad gastroenteritis.

The husband and I are in Tennessee this week. He to meet with his thesis advisor, and me because I am hosting a baby shower for my best friend on Saturday. She is due March 1. Yesterday, I woke up feeling dizzy and weak. I tried to take a shower to see if it would help. 30 seconds into it, I knew I was going to be sick. Thus, the husband and I spent all day yesterday being miserable. Luckily, it's a short-lived bug. I am mostly recovered today. So far, the small fry doesn't seem to have contracted it. Here's hoping that she doesn't.

Also luckily, my FIL is a doctor. So he brought home a shot of Zofran and some phenergan for us. I can hold down food now, but I'm still weak and tired.

On that note, I think I'll take a nap, since Evaline is sleeping.

1 comment:

foffmom said...

I am not sure this is the same virus, but my 86 year old neighbor got it, did the clear liquid diet, got better, progressed diet, N & V back. Repeat clear liquids 24 hours, applesauce, toast (BRAT diet, bananas, rice, applesauce, toast white) 24 hours, soft foods 24 hours, did well for 3 days, N&V back!!! I sent her to her MD who said this virus could take two weeks to go away! I am sorry you have this, and hope it vanishes pronto. Go slow on dietary advances.