Monday, October 11, 2010

Flawless fall weekend

We spent the entire weekend camping with my husband's brother and his wife (my best friend). The weather was so beyond perfect that it was almost absurd. The sky was absolutely bright blue without a cloud, the days were in the mid-70s to low 80s, and the nights were chilly enough to need to snuggle but not so chilly that we woke up shivering.

As we did last time, we took the canoe out on the lake to one of the otherwise inaccessible primitive lake campsites. We arrived Friday and came back late Sunday. No one forgot anything. There was plentiful food and beer. The dogs were in doggy heaven.

I could have stayed for another 2 days. It was blissful, relaxing, and rejuvenating. My mom and brother are here now visiting until tomorrow, then we have dinner with friends (tomorrow), and back to work on Wednesday. 15 days from now, we fly to Hawaii.

Ahhhhh.

2 comments:

Holly said...

lovely! I love to do things that my dogs enjoy.

Have fun in Hawaii! I am a little bit jealous.

DrSteggy said...

OH! I'll be in Hawaii the same time! Have fun!