Monday, July 12, 2010

Feeling very bummed

I'm quite down in the mouth right now. There's some stuff going on at work - my previously perfect job (for a whole year!) - that I'm really unhappy about. In the interest of being anonymous, I can't say what exactly. It's also really hard being away from family and friends. As much as we've settled into our house, we still haven't really put down any permanent roots here. As much as I hate it, this all feels very temporary. The older I get, the more I realize that I don't want to be far away from my family and the friends that really matter to me. Isn't life about the ones you love?
Thankfully, my best friend and brother-in-law are coming to spend a 3 day weekend with us in a few days. I'm so excited about it I can't express it.

In the meantime, this was the thank you card I received from the people whose son died (and whose cat I had to euthanize):

Dear Dr Homeless Parrot:

I just wanted to thank you for your kindness last Saturday in taking care of me, my husband, and our cat. I've found a thousand ways to blame myself for what happened, and I guess my consolation was your tenderness and kindness in how you handled it. I keep telling myself that he's hanging out with Eric (their son), purring away, eating salmon and chasing moles every day. It's hard being the one left behind, but people like you make the world a better place.

Sincerely, X

Those owners made me cry twice in 2 weeks. That's all you get!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hang in there! Every job comes with periods of being up and down. And every job comes with crap you hate about the company. The big thing (especially for such a small place vs. a corporation) is ensuring you are able to always work in an ethical manner and not have to protect anyone behaving unethically.

Mary said...

Sorry you're going through some rough times at work. Hopefully this upcoming visit will lighten your mood!