Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Sundries

Just got back from a delightful weekend in old Knoxtown with the brother-in-law and his wife, my best friend. It was very relaxing. Last night, we met with a local ER vet and his wife for dinner at a swanky French cafe. Food was mediocre, company was excellent.

Tonight, I fixed veggie and cheese stuffed pork chops (disappointingly bland) and squash puppies. As you might guess, squash puppies are a cute take on hush puppies. I used the large yellow squash from my garden. Our salad had small cherry tomatoes and cucumber, also courtesy of my super-overproductive garden. The tomatoes are unreal. There are at least 3 dozen, if not more, growing. I also have 3 or more red peppers and tons of cukes. One of my tomato plants fell over, so I stopped screwing around and staked them with the only thing I had around at the time, a tall aluminum pipe that was once part of my husband's kayaking rack (before the tree smashed it). That should hold the plant up!

I've decided that I'm going to get really bold next year and plant 2 or 3 more raised beds - more vegetables and some flowers.

Back to work tomorrow night. More blood and guts to come.

No comments: