Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Sad...but happy?

The Avett Brothers are finally getting the attention they deserve. They were recently signed with a major label and the latest album (I and Love and You) was produced by the mega-giant in the industry, Rick Rubin. The album is genius, beyond anything. On the other hand, I'm sad at how polished it is. Something I've always loved about the Avetts is the rawness of their sound - the absolute rough around the edges, hoedown quality. Still, they deserve this success, and the album is awesome.

"There's a darkness upon me that's flooded in light, and I'm frightened by those who don't see it. There was a dream, and one day I could see it - like a bird in a cage. I broke in and demanded that somebody free it. And there was a kid, with a head full of doubt...so I'll scream till I die and the last of those bad thoughts are finally out."

Listen here, you won't regret the time spent: NPR First Listen

Going to see them at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville. It's going to rock my world!

No comments: