Monday, June 18, 2012

I am sad to say that I think this blog is reaching its natural end.

For the past 7 years, I have kept The Homeless Parrot. It has been a part of my veterinary student life, my intern life, and now my ER veterinarian life. After 3 years as an ER veterinarian, the stories are starting to sound the same.

Motherhood, a full-time job, and outside interests have kept me from blogging. That and I just don't need the catharsis of words that I once did. My catharsis is now a 20 pound, red-headed ball of mischief that has just recently learned to crawl/scoot, grab the cats, and clap her hands. I don't find myself NEEDING to sit down and write anymore, although I hate to think of the stories that I will forget as a result of this. If there is no need, then there is no drive - hence the 1-2 week pauses in blogging.

Thank you for reading. Thank you for your comments. The support of readers I have never met has been invaluable during some difficult times. Blogging has been wonderful. There are several of you that I consider friends, though I don't know your last names, and we have never met.

If you'd like to keep in touch, my email remains the same.

13 comments:

The Nurse said...

Best wishes to you and your family. As I've told you before (I think!), I am grateful for how you treat our pets. I am also grateful for your insight and vulnerability and honesty in your blog posts--I have read them all:)
I will miss you :)

DAB

The Nurse said...

Best wishes to you and your family. As I may have told you before, I am grateful for how you care for our pets. I am also grateful for your wisdom, your empathy, your insight and vulnerability, and your honesty in your blog posts--I have read them all.

I will miss (reading) you(r blog).

:)DAB

The Nurse said...

Sorry if I sent variations of that twice...I'm watching my poor hurting pug (medicated/groggy)36 recover from a tooth extraction *and* I'm also recovering from a 24 hour shift myself!!

Anonymous said...

I totally understand. Went through the same thing myself three years ago. In some ways I miss blogging--both the catharsis of writing and the feedback from readers--but the time was right for me to stop, and it sounds like the time is right for you too. Thanks for sharing all your experiences, and best wishes to you and your family!

Angie in MN

VetVoyeur said...

Bummer.

Holly said...

I'm sorry to see you make this decision, but I understand.

Good luck and enjoy that precious baby.

BSDVM12 said...

I will be sad to see you go! I have really enjoyed your blog over the last several years as I finished vet school.

elizabeth said...

I'll really miss your posts but I totally understand - I'm pretty sure my blog is heading in the same direction. Best wishes!

Anonymous said...

Wow, it's 3 days later and no replies. I just want to let you know that I've been enjoying your blog for several months, since I first found it. Thank you and good luck.

Anonymous said...

Just when I found you....then you're gone. Enjoyed the short ride.

Christian Kay said...

I have loved your blog and enjoyed the honesty. Good luck to you and may your future be enjoyed to the fullest!

Nicki said...

Best of luck-will miss you!

Anonymous said...

Completely understand. Thanks for sharing your experiences. Best wishes to you!!