Friday, October 14, 2011

Sorry for my AWOL status - new mommyhood and all. It's been wonderful and exhausting at the same time. Thankfully, my job has prepared me well for being the mother of a newborn. I don't have any trouble getting up and taking care of the baby in the middle of the night. I'm also dealing fairly well with sleep deprivation. Crazily enough, as much as I love being a mom, and as much as I never want to be away from my little butterbean, I actually miss work. We had a doctor's meeting the other day, and listening to my colleagues talk about cases made me crazy to be back in the ER. I'm not spending time dwelling on that, as these precious few weeks will fly by - and I will go back to work and miss my daughter desperately. Dec 7 is THE day...

2 comments:

foffmom said...

I wish there was some way to keep you from being despondent on Dec 7th. It is worse with your first born. After that you know that being gone to work doesn't mean you miss out on parenting totally. It just means in our world parents need to work, and they cannot often bring their babies to work with them. So try to keep that in mind when you go back. And enjoy! And nap at every opportunity.

The Homeless Parrot said...

Luckily, I have 9 days off after my 12 day rotation - so I can spend 9 unadulterated days with my family. It is a benefit of ER work - hopefully, it balances out the nights, weekends, and holidays.